1) Mix together 1 cup water and 3/4 cup corn starch. Stir until no clumps and smooth.
This amount filled 2 of my jars so I made 2 colors for each portion. If you’d like to do less, just half the recipe.
2) Carefully add a few drops of food coloring to get your desired color. Please ask a parent for help during this part since food coloring stains!
3) Now that your colors are done, tape up a neat design to color in or freehand your art! I also kept a water cup close to swish my brush between colors or if my cornstarch settled onto the bristles. Keep mixing the colors as you use because the cornstarch will settle toward the bottom.
4) Let’s see the final reveal!
Thank you for watching!! We hope you enjoy this activity with your families!
– First Presbyterian Church of Myrtle Beach
*Disclaimer for Food Coloring: As far as the sidewalk stain, I left my drawing out for three days and it washed off easily! Most new driveways and sidewalks get a coating, so washing off shouldn’t be a problem 99% of the time. If your concrete is particularly old or porous, I’d do a test in a small area before the children paint the entire area!